Favorite child?

Miller

If we're all truthful, do you have a favorite child? Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but I've talked to fathers who admit to having a child who is their favorite. I find I favor one of the other in certain areas. There has been a time or two when one of my children does things that make him downright unlikeable. Is this a normal thing to observe in your children?

TwinPeaks

I guess we all have unique characters and so do kids. As you said, to be truthful, some kids are just different than others and their characters can make you crazy sometimes. So to answer your question, lets look at it this way: we may have a favorite child for a certain period and that's all.

TakeYourTime

I sometimes question, but I don't say it, whether my wife favors one child over the other. It's obvious that she rides one hard and the other not so much. She does buy more for one than the other. She does argue less at one than the other. I see it in her, so I ask myself is it in me as well?

Ifamily

Well, all my kids (or rather all kids?) are great in different ways. When it comes to a certain thing, a kid is the best among the other kids. Another kid is the best in another thing, and so on.

Jacob

Every kid deserves special treatment since they all have different characters and personalities. But that doesn't mean you favor one over the other, although kids can interpret it that way.

James

I think it depends on what you consider "favoring". When one child excels in school while the other struggles, the child that excels is rewarded more than the child that struggles, but the child that struggles gets more attention and help. To the child that excels, seeing his sibling get all the attention makes him feel disfavored, but to the child that is struggling, seeing his sibling get more rewards makes him feel disfavored. It's all about perspective, in my opinion.