Favorite cut of steak

MatthewR

I've been flipping a lot lately between T-bone and Porterhouse. When we go out to eat it's usually NY Strip that we get. What is your favorite? How do you cook it? Toppers?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly have not had steak in a restaurant in a long time. It has gotten too expensive for me. My wife did bring home some Filet Mignon the other day though. It was good, just not big enough.

Caleb

We buy NY Strip steak too. It's the best I think. When I go out I get Porterhouse as well. I love to marinade mine in A1 marinade and then I top it with A1 steak sauce!

DaddyBob

I like rib-eye. The marbling is just great in that cut. I would love sirloin but the price of top sirloin does not like me! lol

For marinade it is just salt and pepper mostly for me. Done medium and topped with tabasco. YUM!

Theran

Thumbs up, DaddyBob - ribeye is my favorite too. I like to do mine with a homemade spice rub and then cook it on the grill. I don't eat meat very often, but when I do that's the first thing I head for at the meat counter.

Kenny

We have been getting a really good deal on family packs of New York Strips at Sam's club so that what we eat the most of here lately. I will not turn my nose up at a ribeye either though! :)

Adam

I do not really like steak all that much. I know how weird that probably sounds to you guys! But, every once in a while I can go for a good filet mignon.