Feds teaching kids to hack "right"!

Independent

Wow, I was just reading about a program the government runs. They teach kids how to hack, only for the government not against it. They seem to figure, kids are going to hack anyway, why not teach them to do it for their country.

Jonathan

Wow, that doesn't seem to be a bad idea. It can put their systems at risk though. Who can guarantee that the kids would always hack for the government instead of against it?

benben

I am guessing the feds opens the program to potential hackers. I just looked at the government website and it said kids 8-16. What better way to create a list of known hackers than to get them when they are young.

NoobDad

I bet you are right Ben. I am sure that they want to try to teach kids not to hack the US Government, but it is more likely that the deeper intent is to find a way to make a database of people who COULD hack. It might make them easier to catch later on.

Dickneardone

This seems like a strange thing to do. Not that I don't believe you, but do you think that you could post a link so we could all see what the government has to say about this?