Feeling anxious

Clive

A buddy of mine called yesterday to say his wife had their baby. I'm really happy for him and I felt fine when I was talking to him, but as soon as we got off the phone I started having anxiety. My wife is due in November and I guess it just made it seem a little more real to me now that his kid is here. Is this normal?

Independent

Yes, that is very normal. When someone else has their baby it makes your new baby so much more real and gets you thinking about it.

stayathomepaul

The same thing happened to me. My sister in law had her baby and my wife was only due 3 months later. Everything after that became so surreal. That wasn't even our fist kid.

Clive

Cool, thanks guys. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of holding it together for the most part, but sometimes I have "Oh, my God!" moments. And the closer we get, the more frequently those moments pop up.

Papa Bear

That is normal, but it really makes you feel hot and cold all over, doesn't it? Sometimes the feeling seems so overwhelming, but there is no need to dwell on it. Relax, buddy! It will pass.