Finding Out Your A Dad Later

PatrickK

I have a friend who is in a situation where he had a brief relationship with a woman, about 4 months long. She got pregnant and never told him. She ended up dying and when the little girl was 5, she was brought to him. He was told that she was his daughter and when he took a paternity test, he was. Now they are in counseling because to learn to deal with the new relationship. The story is really interesting to me. Has this happened to anybody here?

KevinD

I have never been in or known anyone that has had that situation brought upon them. The closest I know of is a friend of my wife who never knew her biological father and sought him out in her 20's. He never wanted to lose her but the mother thought it was best for her. They connected and she has a relationship with him and his family.

Paranoid

Those are both really fascinating stories. I can't imagine what it would be like to find out that you are a dad so much later. Most people have an idea of what parenthood will be like and I doubt many have that idea in mind.