Fish Fillet

Enrique

I've always loved to cook. Lately, I've been experimenting with cream dory for fish fillet. My wife and the kids love it so much that it's been our main dish for three days straight. Has anyone tried this dish? What sauce did you pair it with?

polamalu43

What the heck is cream dory? You have to list a recipe so I can tell if I would like it. I've never had it because I've never heard of it. I am interested though.

Enrique

Sure! Cream dory comes from the family of cat fish. It's what restaurants normally use for their fish fillet or steamed fish dish. Anyway, for the cream dory fish fillet you need the following: basil leaves, bread crumbs (instead of corn starch), egg (beaten), salt, black pepper. Mix everything except the bread crumbs. Cook in low heat.

Miller

We love fish, but seldom experiment with recipes. Do you use any kind of special steamer? Is this something they do in those bamboo baskets? Will a simple stainless steel steam liner work? I'd like to try this.

meowcow

This fish is making big waves nowadays. I am not surprised, though. It is very cheap but also very meaty and tasty so you really get your money's worth if not more. We love cooking it in our household and we usually just fry it in some panko breading and serve it with a light soy sauce based sauce on the side.

Enrique

We love fish, but seldom experiment with recipes. Do you use any kind of special steamer? Is this something they do in those bamboo baskets? Will a simple stainless steel steam liner work? I'd like to try this.
No, any steamer will do. I only use the simple one and the fish still comes out all juicy :) You can try experimenting with the sauce, too. It would make the fish fillet so much yummier.

Isabellas2007

I do not experiment with the recipes that much, but this does sound like a great dish. I know my dogs really love fish, but when I was growing up I ate so much fish I could not tolerate it that much anymore. I cook it mainly for my dogs now.