Forehead Slap Moments

Victor

My daughter has been asking for more movies than I can afford to get lately, and many of them aren't at Redbox. Yesterday we were in the library and while I stared absentmindedly at the wall of movies as I so often do, the lightbulb finally turned on. We're watching Tangled as I type this.

What "duh" moments have you had?

BigPapa

Our library has a wonderful collection of kids movies and we pick them out there quite often. We also have a video store that rents children's movies free.

Don

Our library not only has movies, but you can get free tickets to the zoo from them too. You have to get on a waiting list and it takes a while, but it sure does save us some money.

Victor

Don, that's really cool. I wish our local libraries would offer free zoo tickets, especially since the zoo here is awfully expensive for the little they actually offer.

Dad Brad

We've been able to find movies at the library we never even knew existed. I love that people can sign up on a waiting list or a request list, too. Some are really educational. Others are just for entertainment. Best of all, they are free.

Bear

Don't forget about Hulu! They have a lot of movies that you can watch online for free, but if you become a Hulu Plus member for $7 a month you can stream movies and tv shows on your tv as well. My wife and I have been on a documentary kick lately, and we have found a lot of good ones on there.

Andersson

There are tons of places you can get movies for cheap, do you use Netflix? We always watch movies after they come out as its cheaper to do, waiting a little bit can help her to build some patience too.

Endalia

I finally figured out we were wasting money on cable and went to the Roku box instead. None of us really watched that much TV because we were too busy. Now with Netflix and Hulu, we can watch what we want, when we want and it's been a lot better for us. I cancelled cable and we have never looked back.

Andersson

If you do not have Netflix or anything like that you might be able to find a Redbox close by. I know the lady that runs this site and she found a ton of good deals for movies lately, well six but six is better than none.

Gavin

When it comes to movies, my "duh" moments come when I realized I haven't returned the latest movie I rented. It's only one day, how hard can it be to remember?