Getting close, getting anxious

SilverVeil

It's almost that time and I'm getting anxious. I want to be as much help as I can but I'm also waiting for things to get back on track. Is that going to happen? I'm going to help as much as I can, but sometimes I think I'm going to be left out.

Adam

Well congrats on going to be a dad! Is this your first?
With my first, I was nervous & worrying about every little thing before she was born. Once she was born, the worrying stopped for the most part & I just enjoyed spending my time with her.

Caleb

Back on track? Life after children... I love it- but it's not the same... Never the same. It's better in many ways but not the same. It's great! Congrats on being a first time dad... You will love it.

Theran

Congratulations! Yea, life is definitely a lot different after kids come along, but it's worth the changes. You will eventually fall into a routine though and things won't be as frenzied as they are in the beginning.

I hope your wife doesn't leave you out of caring for the new baby. Some women have a tendency of doing that, but you are perfectly capable of helping with some of the responsibility. If she tries to take on everything herself, just let her know that it is important for you to be involved too.

Kromer

"back on track" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA After you have kids there is another "track". It's called a race track and you run it until the kids leave home and then sometimes it isn't the end. I love my kids but they sure can complicate life sometimes. Then the grandkids come along and it's "let the stress begin".

But congratulations on your impending arrival. You will love it but it does change your life. I think it changes it for the better.

SilverVeil

Thanks. A different track, huh? Does it eventually stop at the same station? We haven 't found out what it is, the wife wants a surprise. Like this needs to be more dramatic.

matt456

A race track indeed..HAHAHAHA. As a soon-to-be-dad, it is important that you strive to remain calm all the time for the sake of your wife. You need to display strength and an ability to keep things under control.

Eventually things fall into place but it is good to feel anxious a little bit because this helps to keep you in check!

Last edited: