Giving the Kids Space

Jerry F

It seems that children are getting older a lot faster than they did when I was a kid. I don't remember having the issues my kids deal with until I was in my teens. There is a kid at my son's school who's 14 year old girlfriend (he's 13) is going to have a baby. Now all the kids are discussing how "cool" this is. I've explained things to my kids and actually took them to see a young mother we know who was telling them it is NOT cool and how much she misses doing things the other kids her age are able to do. Have you noticed this trend?

Pops

My youngest daughter is 13, and there are three or four girls in her grade that are pregnant. I think it is absolutely outrageous...that is too young. Both of my daughter's agree that it is not in the least bit cool, and that they would never get pregnant that young.

SeaUrchin

They have no idea what they are getting into. I know in our distant past (medieval times) people got pregnant young but hey also died much younger. If you were 40 years old, you were thought of as ancient.