Golf

Timothy

I love to play golf, but it's just been too hot lately to play. I've been fishing in the river instead, where it's easier to cool off. ;) My last few rounds have all been in the low 90's - I know, I know, but I never claimed to be a GOOD golfer!

Do you like to play golf? What's your average?

polamalu43

Not as much as I wish I could. 90s are good, right? :) Well they are if you don't golf much. I have to admit that I tend to fix the score sheet a bit when I'm done! I hate being in last.

themdno

Golf can be fun, but I definitely feel you on it being too hot lately.

The high was around 110 degrees here, today. It was 80 degrees out by 6 am! That is too hot for doing anything, let alone play golf.

But, when it's not so hot, we have some good courses around here.

AceOfHype

I absolutely love golf,

My grandfather used to play it all the time, and he showed me how to play. Golden childhood memories, haha.

Nowadays I try and fit in a session on Sunday with a few old buddies.

Good stuff.

HappyDad

I've tried playing golf several times and I just plain suck! lol My wife thinks if I took some lessons it might be more enjoyable for me. Until then, I second what Mark Twain said, "golf is a good walk spoiled." ;)

Regis

I used to play quite a bit but then my bones just couldn't take it on top of all the construction work. I think 79 was my best but that could just be a dream and not a memory.

Bear

I have just never seen the attraction to golf, but I know lots of people really enjoy it. I definitely wouldn't want to be playing in the heat we have been having lately though.

Kyp

I love to golf! It is one of my favorite pastimes. Every Monday (if the weather is nice) I go golfing with a few of my buddies. We are not great by any means, but we really do enjoy the "guy time" we get! My average is normally in the 70s or 80s. :)

Don

Does miniature golf count? I played golf several years ago, but wasn't playing enough to be any good at it. I would like to try it again sometime. Maybe when I retire.

Ravenfan

I average about 45-50. Of course I'm talking about miniature golf though. Golf is one of those games I keep thinking about trying to learn, but then I listen to others that play talk about the expenses associated with playing. In the end I change my mind to save the cash.

Foster

I used to play every Sunday morning, I can't remember what my average was. Unfortunately when I moved I didn't have the time to go anymore and now I don't even have a set of clubs. Might have to buy some and start playing again, not sure the wife will be happy though as I play 5-a-side football on Sunday afternoons.