Got a new job!!

Salazar

I have been sending out resumes for almost a year trying to get into a specialized aspect of my field that is a huge step up from what I was doing. All those resumes finally paid off and I started my new job yesterday. I am so excited!! The work is 100 times better and the salary is quite a bit more too. :)

wilson

That is great to hear! Many people are still trying to find work and its been hard, even for those I know who have never had an issue landing a job in the past. Congrats!!

polamalu43

That is great news! May we ask what you are doing? It's great that persistence pays off. There are jobs out there, you just have to keep on trying to find them.

Bear

Congratulations Salazar! I am in the process of prepping my resume to search for a new position as well. I think I have stuck it out as long as I can in my current position. I am glad to hear that some people are finding better opportunities, especially in this job market. :)

Salazar

That is great news! May we ask what you are doing? It's great that persistence pays off. There are jobs out there, you just have to keep on trying to find them.
Thanks, all! :) I am in the natural gas pipeline industry. I was a field supervisor and now I am an inspector. I think natural gas is one of the few industries in this economy that isn't suffering, but it took me a while to get hired as an inspector because it is one of the most coveted positions on a pipeline job. I had a feeling 2012 was going to be a positive year for my career and so far it is shaping up to be pretty darn good!

Victor

Congratulations! That is very exciting news and I wish you both happiness and success in your new job. Have you started making plans for your higher salary yet? ;)

Godric

Great to hear your success Salazar! Every thing that is earned the hard way is almost always worth the wait.