Hard Question

KSmith

Looking back, I think I understand my ex-wife's perspective better. I was off work for a couple of years and she was working, but I didn't help her like I should have. I didn't listen to what she had to say or show much interest when she wanted to work out what I now realize were issues between us that were mostly my fault, either. She finally just gave up and left me. Does anyone else look back and think you could have done a lot better?

Salazar

Nope. I busted my butt for that crazy woman. In my situation, if anyone should be questioning their past behavior it's her.

But that's my past. In your case, I think it's really cool that you know where you went wrong. You may not be able to go backwards, but you will go forward a wiser individual. Reminds me of that Sammy Kershaw song where he says, "I ain't as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be."

forgotten

Looking back at past relationships with an open mind makes us wiser and better persons than we used to be. It shows that we have matured into men and did not remain to be boys.

stayathomepaul

I really respect that you have taken the time to do some self evaluation on yourself. And while you can not change your past you can become a better man for it. The wisest thing you can do is learn from your mistakes.