He is king

Greendad

My six year old nephew sleeps over at our home time by time, and he always acts like he is king of the house, and orders everyone around. Just after waking up, he would go to the living room and ask anyone around to turn on the TV for him. :rolleyes:

stayathomepaul

Our 4 year old is starting to act that way and we are going to put a stop to it as soon as we can. We do not want her to turn this in to a bad habit.

benben

Only one of my kids has ever been like that. We tried to change her ways, but part of her never really changed. I figure it is part of her personality now.

KevinD

It's the opposite with our children. We're always telling them what to do. :p Seriously though, that doesn't sound like a good habit for him to be into. You definately want to teach him that he needs to do things for himself too. That's part of growing into and adult and man, even though that is still a long way away.

TJoel

My six year old nephew sleeps over at our home time by time, and he always acts like he is king of the house, and orders everyone around. Just after waking up, he would go to the living room and ask anyone around to turn on the TV for him. :rolleyes:
For younger kids, it maybe just a phase they have to go through. But if this habit continued, it could be the way he is raised. What about telling to do it himself, and teach him how to do this if he said he couldn't?

Mohidad

If I were you, I wouldn't let him do that. He could be king at his home, but in my house, he was a little guest. He could get what he needs if he asked it politely.

Keepworking

I wouldn't let it happen either. He is six so I think he is "mature" enough to be aware of where he is and whose home he is in. He should have learned to be polite and respect other people.

Paranoid

I have tried to stop that attitude from taking over my house. I put an end to it as soon as it starts. It's just not a good habit because sometimes it sticks.

Greendad

Yeah, I agree that it maybe the way he is raised. His parents seem to let him do whatever he wants at home. I have tried to stop it but it didn't work.