Height increasing supplements

Whoowap

Have you ever tried height increasing supplements, or have you ever thought about giving your children any? My nephew is 13, and he's the shortest in his class. His dad found this natural product called Helpo Growth online and, after asking for the doctor's opinion and finding out it is perfectly safe, he just ordered it and it waiting for the package to arrive. I'm curious to see if it has any effects...

GoPats

I would not do it unless the doctor told me my child has some sort of medical deficiency that necessitated the treatment. Giving the child supplements simply because he's short seems like it's saying that it's not OK to be short and this is something that needs to be fixed.

Jdrake

I can't say what I would do in that situation. I know I would not have used anything like that. The problem is that doctors say something is safe, then later you hear it isn't.

Len

I'm not sure that I would do that unless there was a health issue. I guess at 13 I would also ask the child what he or she thinks.

Verny

Giving the child supplements simply because he's short seems like it's saying that it's not OK to be short and this is something that needs to be fixed.
I completely agree with this. The problem we have these days is that we try to conform with the majority and don't encourage uniqueness. If the child has a medical condition that stops the growth then that will be the time to apply some supplements.

Jonathan

I am not the highest in my family (it is my father), but I have never tried height increasing supplements and I don't think I would try them. Though, I am curious if the supplements will work for your nephew. Just keep us updated.