How did you react?

Matt

How did you react the first time you realized you were going to be a father? I started crying. It was a mixture of fear and complete excitement. I couldn't believe it was really happening to me :)

forgotten

I was shocked the first time. I could not immediately comprehend that a new life is beginning. A baby! Then, I was so happy, I nearly cried.

noahsdad

I also was in shock at first and then cried with the wife. We were so excited and surprised that it took a little bit to comprehend also!

Dave07

I was absolutely terrified the first time I didn't even have a job at the time and all I could think was how are we going to do this? But things have worked out and I wouldn't trade my daughter for the world.

Zimmer

We weren't actually trying so it was a "mild" shock when my wife told me to get ready for a third person, you get hit with a million and one feeling and thoughts, but in my case joy kind of trumped the rest.

Heartbeat

I was overjoyed! We didn't expect it to happen this early in our marriage but my wife is my best friend and we are making a child together. I'm thrilled!

Matt

Realizing I was going to be a dad was one of the most stressful, shocking, exciting, scary, awesome things ever. Nothing else in life can ever compare.

Jessie

I was shocked. At my age I was starting to think it wasn't going to ever happen. I was excited from the moment she told me and the excitement has not gone away yet! I love our happy family.