How have you handled eating issues?

olderthandirt

With my three, my kitchen could have easily turned into Dad's Diner, so I had to lay down some rules early on. If you don't want what I made for a meal, you get the choice of either warming up leftovers (if there are any) or a peanut butter sandwich. That's it - no other options. The two options were do-it-yourself.

Salazar

We pretty much take the same approach here, but we don't offer other choices. You eat what you're given and if you don't like it, there's always another meal around the corner.

Sinbian

That is a good politic or at least the one that has been proven in our home for generations. Although we will ask children sometimes what they would like for lunch when we're out of ideas.

Victor

We don't cater too much either. I give them some choices during the day but for dinner, they really only get a say in which vegetable we have.

Timothy

I am a picky eater myself, so I can't be too harsh on my son when he says he doesn't want something for dinner. Makes me feel like a hypocrite. My wife does have a one-bite rule with him, though. He can't say he doesn't want or like a food til he's had at least one bite of it, and she doesn't cater with either of us. She cooks dinner and if I don't want it, I'm on my own. Same thing with our son. If he doesn't want what she cooked, he has to eat what I cooked or go hungry.

Sinbian

One thing that is new in our house is that we give our kids the opportunity to learn that it's not easy to prepare tasty food. We let them prepare something on their own, of course with parental supervision. :)