How much do you sit?

Zimmer

Read something the other day that says modern people sit way to much and that it increases health risk and is a cause for obesity. So I was curious how do you sit a usually a day? For me it's around 8-9 hours everyday.

Sinbian

I sit about 7-8 hours but I recreate daily about 1.5 hour in average. Although this is a lot of sitting I think that with recreation I do achieve some kind of health equilibrium.

bighelp

Your body is doing nothing when this happens. Take at least 5 minutes per hour to get up and walk around, otherwise its just going to get worse. Trust me, I gained a little myself due to my job and "sitting all of the time". Its evil, but if you work at it, you can still keep your sitting time and not end up with weight gain too.

youngdad

In my job, I sit quite a bit at times, but I'm usually active when I get home. I used to sit a lot more than I do now, but I started gaining a little weight so I stopped.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Too much sadly. Even when I go out on the kayak or bike I'm still sitting. And then when I do want to stand somewhere, everyone is offering me a seat.

Johnson

I probably sit 5 or 6 hours a day at work but at home I'm chasing kids or playing outside with them so I do get some exercise every day.

Cruise

Sadly, I sit all the time, both in office and at home. My job doesn't require physical work that much. Coming home, I will then work online for extra income.

Dave07

I definitely sit too much. Now that everything is so automated I think we all sit down too much. We should all try to be more active when we can, but it's hard especially if you work long hours.

bighelp

Everyone tends to sit too much but look at the jobs we have, if we are not on our feet for work most of us are a little chunky. I am but I am also working to fix it. Breaks each hour to move around, exercise daily, etc.