How to build a snowman

Salazar

This may sound crazy, but I need some advice on how to build a snowman. I am a southern man and I have never made a snowman before. We are spending this winter in Pennsylvania (because of my job) and my wife wants me to build a snowman with our daughter, but I don't know where to begin. Help!

Zimmer

It's not that hard. You start off by squeezing a snowball, then you put it on the ground and start rolling it. As you roll it around, more and more snow will stick to it. You do this until you have three large snowballs, then you stack them on each other and that's all there is to it.

Justadad

That's a perfect description of how to do it! Don't forget that you'll need a couple of lumps of coal for the eyes, a carrot for the nose and a few small stones for the mouth, plus twigs for arms, a scarf and a hat! You can also put some stone/coal buttons down his front. Have fun!

Salazar

That sounds easy enough. Thanks! Is it very time consuming? Starting off with a little snowball and rolling it around sounds like it would take all day to make a body. I'm not used to this cold weather, so I usually max out after about two hours outside.

Zimmer

It depends, if it's very cold outside it might end up being time consuming. Ideally you want a temperature that is around 28 degrees, but that's not a rule. I suggest going outside and squeezing a snowball. If most of the snow sticks together and you get a nice and dense globe, your snowman will be finished in half an hour. If not, then go inside, drink a cup of hot coco and try again later or another day.

Justadad

Another point to remember is that some snow is perfect for making snowmen and snowballs, whilst other snow is not. You may find that the snow will not stick together very well. If this is the case, it will take much longer, and I'd wait until another day.