Hunting question

Fatherof2

Hey Guys. I have a quick hunting question and I know the laws may vary a bit from state to state. I am in Georgia and would like to hunt in some wilderness management areas. I can't afford a lease, and most are full anyway. Do you have to have a separate license in addition to your hunting license for WMA hunting?

saintsfan

I hunt a Federal Wildlife Refuge behind my house. There is a Refuge Office and they require you to purchase a $20 "parking permit" which you need to enter the refuge. Other management areas and refuge lands may have other requirements, or none at all. Information like that should be listed in the Fish and Wildlife Rules and Regs booklet for your state which usually comes out a month or so before each season begins. If you still have a question, give a call to your local office and ask. Good luck to you!!

Johnson

I am in Georgia too, and I believe for WMA you have to have an additional license that's about $20 a year. Hope this helps! :)

badge67

So...two Georgia hunters here. How is hunting in Georgia? Do you have a good whitetail season? Good deer populations? You watch the hunting shows and they are always hunting Iowa and Texas...I like to learn about other states to see if a trip might be in order some season.

Fatherof2

Got a special license they offered and now I am covered for the year for everything except ducks. Badge67 we have a large whitetail population, boars, turkeys, and rabbits here. This will be my first deer season out in awhile, but I've got to do something to keep food on the table! :)