Income Taxes Out The Roof?

youngdad

I read that combined state and federal income taxes could be 62% if the democrat policies go through. It's scary to think we would be living on a lot less than half our income with prices rising the way they are. That's a lot of our hard-earned money a government that caters to bankers and big money, not the people, would be getting from us.

polamalu43

I just don't see that happening - I'm sorry. I think it's far fetched a bit. I'm not saying that it won't happen but I sure hope it does not happen! You are right though - the Government is catering to the big businesses and banks!

chelly

I have not heard anything about this, where did you read it? Sounds kind of dumb and a little over the top even for a party to suggest (I vote independent mind you). They must be out of their damn mind.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of money is wasted everywhere. From business' and unions who afford to spend millions lobbing to get laws changed to favor their position, to the guy who won the lotto and still collecting food stamps, to the guy who thinks he is a baby, built his own crib and has not worked a day in his life and threaten sucide when they talked about taking away his benifits.

Sadly though, raising taxes will only hurt the honest, and provide government with more money to waste.

GranddadHoward

Jason, you're right on all points. Raising taxes is not the solution. Getting government spending under control is the solution. Unfortunately, they've gotten us trillions of dollars in debt and their solution to that will most likely be to raise taxes.