Jalapeno Poppers

Anthony

My wife is making these for a ladies party at church tomorrow night...assuming there are any left that is. This is an easy way to make jalapeno poppers. All you do is take the pre-made crescent rolls in a can and separate them on the dotted line. Then add a couple of slices of fresh jalapenos, a little cream cheese, and some chopped cooked bacon. Pull the corners up together and bake at 350 for ten minutes. My wife is cutting the triangles in half to make them go further, but that just means you have to eat more of them!

Bear

I happen to be a jalapeno popper addict, and I have never considered putting bacon in them before. I am definitely going to be trying these this weekend.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I make something similar. Atomic Buffalo Turds they are often called, or ABTs for short. Take a jalapeno pepper, cut it in half, gut it, put in some cream cheese in the middle, take a piece of bacon and wrap it on the outside. Cook on the grill at around 250-275 for about an hour and half. Enjoy. They go quick too.

Phillie

That sounds pretty easy but I don't like hot or spicy food! I bet a lot of people will love this though. It sounds like a good treat to take to a football party!

TakeYourTime

I make something similar. Atomic Buffalo Turds they are often called, or ABTs for short. Take a jalapeno pepper, cut it in half, gut it, put in some cream cheese in the middle, take a piece of bacon and wrap it on the outside. Cook on the grill at around 250-275 for about an hour and half. Enjoy. They go quick too.
We grow our own peppers, and you can't get them hot enough for me. My son is the same way. He's going to love these once summer gets here. Thanks for the recipe. Peppers are high on our list of priorities.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We grow our own peppers, and you can't get them hot enough for me. My son is the same way. He's going to love these once summer gets here. Thanks for the recipe. Peppers are high on our list of priorities.
I grow my own too. If they are not hot enough for you though, I take a slice of ghost pepper and add it to the mixture. I've seen some people just flavor the cream cheese first. I've also put those little mini sausages they use for pigs in a blanket in the mix before wrapping the bacon around. You can pretty much add whatever you want.