Junior?

Adam

I just replied to a thread regarding baby boy names, and it got me thinking! Would you want your son to be a Junior or would you/have you chosen a completely different and unique name for your son?

Jessie

I do not like the tag of junior. I have a son that his first name is similar and his middle name is a family name on his mom's side (grandfather, father, and her's) and my family still call him jr and it bothers me.

forgotten

Not a junior but maybe as a second or middle name perhaps or a variation of my name. It gets confusing when there are two of you with the same names.

SamMo

I had all girls and one was called after me but the female equivalent so she didn't get the "junior" tag. It's just as well, as she'd have been devastated!

stayathomepaul

I think having two people in the same family with the same name gets too complicated for every one. Even with the JR. involved it can still make things difficult.

Independent

It can be confusing but it can be a nice thing too. Really install a sense of pride for the person that has it. Though it has probably caused a few cases of mistaken identity over the years.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We were going to name my first son after me, but the wife did not care for that. She would have went along with it, but I found an Irish Tradition of naming after the Grandfather and went that way instead.

Daddy-O

I've never cared for the surname Junior. Even though the boys' name may be Samual Adams Jr., people still seem to want to call him just Junior. And I personally think Junior is an awful name.