Keeping them all fed

John

How do others manage to keep food on the table and in the house? It seems like we're always headed to the grocery store. My mother used to go once a week and buy everything. Now, I'm back and forth all the time, and those shopping carts hold just so much.

BigPapa

I go once a week and if there is something missing then they are waiting. Unless of course we run out of something important like milk. I am pretty good at planning everything out though.

Timothy

Growing up in a family of five (four of us kids plus my mom), my mom used to go grocery shopping about every other day, and she cooked daily. When the wife and I moved in together, she actually introduced me to the concept of the once weekly grocery trip, once-a-week cooking, and eating leftovers. I don't know how she does it, but I know it's a lot easier on everyone not having to go to the grocery store three or four times a week!

Victor

We make a big trip every other week and then make a couple trips per week to refill on milk and produce. I don't want to buy perishable things too far in advance.

Chrisitan

I tend not to stop at the grocery unless we are out of essentials such as bread, milk, eggs or butter. If we are out of something, we do without. We have a tendency to buy too much junk if we go too often.

polamalu43

My wife does one big shopping trip on the weekend. I run to the store midweek on my way home from work for milk and bread. We never seem to run out of anything else.

olderthandirt

I try to do a big shopping trip every couple of weeks for meat and staples, with a shorter weekly trip for produce, dairy and bread. I've trained my three to either make it last or be without until the next big grocery shop, when it comes to snacks. At least two of them will go ahead and bake something for snacks, so that helps and is better than buying tons of junk food.

Sinbian

This requires a lot of training and compromise because we do not like the same food and don't like to eat at the same time.

On The Mark

So tie 3 carts together and get busy with it. LOL

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I get back home from shopping and I realize everything I forgot to get.