Language classes

Terry

Many of the kids out here go to classes after school to learn English (amongst other things.) I am thinking of having my girls join a language class. Anyone else done that?

Regis

Mine all have required foreign language classes in high school and junior high. I've heard that some elementary schools are now starting to offer Spanish which I think is a good thing because the younger they are the easier they learn.

Paranoid

I took language courses in high school and college but I don't think that kids should necessarily wait that long. In my opinion, the earlier one begins to learn a new language, the better.

Ed35

Why would they learn English? Where are you? It is a requirement here to take 3 years of a foreign language. My kids chose French. I took French as a kid too.

the matrix

I think it is great that a child learn two more languages besides their native one since they can pick it up very quickly. This could be a great advantage for them when they grow up. If you are thinking of a language to learn, maybe Chinese is the way to go since it may be a true world leader in the next twenty or thirty years.