Late Nights

Aiden

I've been working a ton of late nights due to inventory at my store and my wife has been questioning if I'm really at work. I understand her concern, because I don't call her before heading home each day and I don't let her know we're staying late. I just get so caught up in work that I forget. I'm trying so hard to make good money for us so we can have more spending money.

greatdad

Why would your wife assume the worst? I'd start taking the time to call her to let her know when you're working late. That might help to ease her mind wandering toward other reasons you would be out later.

Mack

A quick call or two home on those days and evenings would go a long way. Besides, she really should know what you're dealing with. It would make her feel good to know she can be supportive of what you're doing.

Aiden

You guys are exactly right. I've been making an attempt to call her more often and make sure to give her a ring when I'm going to be late. She's had a rough past and I think she was starting to compare our situation to what she's been through. All is fine now. I'm glad I talked with her because it was making me feel terrible.

MickL

Great Aiden, keep it up. I am glad to hear that everything goes well with you and your wife. Every couple knows that communication is key to a successful marriage.