leave my tools alone!

Kost

I have always been the type of person to put things back when I am done with them but the other one in this house does not. Even worse to rub it in, the kids do but she wont. Lately my tools have randomly gone missing. I am talking grew legs and walked away. No clue where they are and they are not cheap either. :mad:

SoontoBe

It's little things like this that cause big rifts in a marriage. Do you think you could sit down and talk with her, tell her how much she means to you and that it makes you think she doesn't care for you and respect you because of the way she treats your things? Then take her to dinner or something. I know -- I'm a newlywed. But it might work.

TwinPeaks

I can't help but laugh to this although it is not funny. I started a war in my family on where my tools and other stuff are. They don't seem to appreciate my pedantic feel for this at all!

Greendad

I hate it when this kind of things happens. To tell you the truth, I don't have the best memory. When I couldn't find something, I would always wonder if someone had moved it, or I just didn't remember where I put it before.

Kost

I remember being a newlywed, that did not last long. I think the biggest issue is that we have known each other for so long that we think we know the other inside and out, but still, slip ups like this come at just a bad time. We are not fighting or anything its just more of a pet peeve I guess.

Howard

Fortunately, in our house we have a good meeting of minds about this kind of thing. When it comes to tools of all sorts, it just makes the work go better if there is a place for everything and everything in its place.

Michael

I hear you on this one, too. My wife took my wooden mallet and tried to hammer a nail into a board. She destroyed the mallet my dad had made and still doesn't see why I was so upset over her messing up my mallet. A woman should know the difference between a wooden mallet and a metal hammer.