Like your own father?

Miller

In what ways are you like your own father? I'm laid back, mathematically oriented, like being organized and highly motivated to move up. My fathering tends to be good natured and easy-going.

Jonathan

We both are a bit introverted, faithful, and not so religious. Not like the women in our family, we are not really church goers. But we love our family.

Bonzay

We love our families and are devoted to them fiercely! We are both stubborn but he takes the cake on this one. Sometimes, we are too sensitive and immature and time doesn't treat this illness, in both of us. :)

JDan

My father and I both have what others sometimes mistake as a bit of "femininity." We are not gay. We are extremely creative individuals. I enjoy things like interior decorating and creating store displays. My father painted beautiful canvases.

James

In what ways are you like your own father? I'm laid back, mathematically oriented, like being organized and highly motivated to move up. My fathering tends to be good natured and easy-going.
My temper is just like my father's, as is my lack of patience. However, we both like to laugh and have a good time, we both love music and we pretty much have the same taste in music. Our palettes are similar where food and drink are concerned, and we both like to work with our hands.

Ronald

In what ways are you like your own father?
We are both shy by nature, and quiet around others until we get to know them. We also look alike and are both musically talented. Both of us tend to worry too much and have problems with anxiety from time to time. And we both married strong, opinionated women!!!

SoontoBe

I'm highly mathematical like my mom, but I love to grow things. I get that from my father. We love to build things together around the farm. We tried putting up one of those corn mazes one time and had giant creatures made from pvc pipe and fabric that rose up out of the fields at night. We were scary.

bighelp

I think I have both good and bad traits from both parents but with my father I do end up upsetting my better half when it comes to me needing my own time out. That time when you bicker so much you just have to walk away for a few minutes to clear your head and get your thoughts straight.

Lorenzo

I inherited my dad's love for cooking. He makes the best dishes and puts a lot of effort when he cooks. I am meticulous in how I cook, too and make sure that my loved ones get their appetites satiated.

Victor

My dad and I share a lot of negative traits, mostly impatience, irritability, and negativity. It's a good thing my mom and my wife are both laid-back people so they can stand living with us!

Bobby

Yes, I'd say I'm a lot like my dad in some ways. We both enjoy watching sports and cheering on our favorite teams. I've also inherited his lack of ability in doing home repairs, but I'm great with the barbeque just like him.

Heimdallr

Try my best to be nothing like him. I went to countless parenting classes and a dads group, for naturally I would not be like him. I hold nothing against my father. But when it becomes to parenting you should find who you are before it happens parenting like how you were raised is just using the mimic part of your brain, bot by you soul

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

Babar

I'm not very much like my father at all (thank goodness). He wasn't around when I was growing up; I was raised by a single mom. He had some addiction and depression problems that ultimately cost him his life.

meowcow

Great topic! I have to admit I share a lot of similar traits with my father. And growing up with him, I have even acquired a lot of his better qualities and also his faults. We are a lot alike and yet our beliefs are very different, we even have different spiritual beliefs. I'm just glad that one of the few traits we share is open-mindedness. :D However, I often envy the people who are very alike with their fathers and share the same interest. I think I'm missing out on some grand experience, but honestly, being different from each other is a little fun too, especially when it comes to conversations. :)

siddh

There are only a couple of things that my father and I have in common. The first being short tempered and the second being very work oriented. We don't sit back and wait for results. We are the doers in our life.

Victor Leigh

I am like my father in a number of ways. One, both of us like to make things. Many things in the house we made them ourselves. Another trait I share with my father is a sense of humor. Somehow, both of us are able to see the funny side even in the most dreadful scenarios.

Donald

My father milked cows. I don't. My father slopped hogs. I don't. My father plowed fields with a horse. I don't. My father helped his wife churn butter. I don't. My father was plain and simple. I am, too. I also have an iPad. He had a chair and a warm fire.

Kina

I see my dad about once every six years, I talk to him on the phone about once every 2 years. He kinda ditched me and my brother when we were young. I do not hold any resentment towards him.

Godric

I'm more of a silent observer type like my father used to be. He has this huge aura that you would know he was there even if he was silent the entire time.

joeldgreat

I had learned many important lessons of life from my father. He's in the army, so it is expected that he is strict in disciplining us. But he rarely laid his hands on us. That technique in raising a family was I think the most important lesson I've learned from him. He's a nature lover too, which I am now teaching to my own kids.