Long school bus rides

Miller

School's back in session here, and I'm really concerned over the amount of time our son spends on the school bus. He gets on around 3:00 and doesn't get off until around 4:15. Is this typical these days? I'm hoping the route is just slow and things will pick up.

BigPapa

I remember being on the bus for 1.5 hours when I was in school. we take our daughter to and from school because we live too close to the school for busing. I don't think it is unusual, especially if you live in a rural area.

FrankSinatra

Bus rides are definitely very long because they have to encompass multiple routes through different areas. My bus in high school would drop off 10 stops before it got to my neighborhood but the route was a big circle and I lived farthest away from the school so it was convenient for the school.

meowcow

I had this kind of life as a kid. A long bus ride was very fun because I got to spend it with my friends in the school bus, but in hindsight, I would have loved to just have spent that time practicing something I loved instead. That accumulates to a lot of time wasted if you consider that it will be done for years and years. And we all know childhood years are the worst to waste because the possibilities and potential there are endless. Hope my opinion helps and good luck!

erin

When kids ride the bus someone has to be on the last few stops. It's really awful but a lot of kids get their homework done by the time they get home. You might want to think about carpooling with others in the neighborhood.

Andersson

I remember having a long bus ride when I was in school but that was years ago and I was on a two bus route. We had to swap buses mid trip since I lived in the boonies. How far are you from the school?

ghanashyam

It is everywhere the same thing. My younger son who is going to engineering college is 40 kms away, so he daily travels 80 kms. It takes almost 2 hours daily in traveling and he get so tired in the evening. In our times, colleges were very near.

Hank

It's not unusual these days. With the increase of the price of gas the buses are doing more and more routes in one. I wouldn't like it but I'd take my kids back and forth if they had a ride that long.