Making HIV Test Compulsory.

ghanashyam

In India, there are various religions and they have separate acts under which marriages are performed. The Special Marriage Act of India, under which marriage is performed do not require any rituals but only some declarations and form filling.
Govt of India, has been proposed by leading NGO associated with HIV prevention program to have the HIV test compulsory for the aspirants. I think it is good move.
What is the position in your country?

R. Paradon

I think it is damned ridiculous and an insult to privacy. While I do think that people who are involved in unsafe sex do need to be tested it should not be a law. And what the hell is you country listening to NGO's for? NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS most likely not even from you country.

Christian

There was a time when you had to get a blood test before you could get married in my state, but I don't know that they actually tested for HIV. Now you no longer have to have any kind of blood test to get married here.

Justadad

No I certainly don't believe in making blood tests compulsory. The government already tells us how to live our lives. If I had any issues about who I was marrying, I'd ask them myself to have a test, and I'd do the same for her but it has to be voluntary.

youngone

I'm not sure whether the government should be involved. Is it not down to the individual? I suppose you could argue the government should be involved because the issue of HIV is a very serious one and a public health hazard.

Jatelo2

Not compulsory but a very great necessity. The government has availed everything that would encourage the Voluntary HIV Testing! From the way, the government promotes this agenda, they might go to the Compulsory style!

ghanashyam

I think it is damned ridiculous and an insult to privacy. While I do think that people who are involved in unsafe sex do need to be tested it should not be a law. And what the hell is you country listening to NGO's for? NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS most likely not even from you country.
This is to check the spread of HIV. There is nothing wrong in the idea. Why do customs the check the luggage for drugs? Is it not the insult to privacy?
Mandatory HIV testing – Who is being coerced? | Nandini Ooomman | Global Health Policy