Mexico Legalizes Marriage Equality

writer811

The Supreme Court in Mexico has just ruled that the entire country is to recognize same sex marriage as legal. With both Mexico and Canada now in favor of marriage equality, this makes the United States the only country on the continent that has not legalized same sex marriage, though that looks like it might change soon.

streakanime

That's great to hear. My wife has a lot of homosexuals on her side of the family. They've been together for years. No marriage, because they can't. Obviously. It would be nice for the United States to jump on that ship and make the change. It is really kind of silly that they don't. You love who you love. You can't help it.

FrankSinatra

Mexico allows women to have oral and anal sex with donkeys and they were first to allow gay marriage across the entire nation; something seems a little off doesn't it?

BigDaddy

Mexico allows women to have oral and anal sex with donkeys and they were first to allow gay marriage across the entire nation; something seems a little off doesn't it?
Not sure what donkeys have to do with the topic but I do find it sad in such a progressive country we are now falling so far behind the times.

Victor

I agree with BigDaddy. It's amazing how rigid and backwards this country can be about homosexuality and I hope we follow the lead of other countries and legally recognize gay marriage as a right very soon.

R. Paradon

Not sure what donkeys have to do with the topic but I do find it sad in such a progressive country we are now falling so far behind the times.
I totally agree with you. The US should be a bit more progressive in its thinking. With the exception of certain religious organizations most people don't seem to care. And of course religion does not belong in politics.

writer811

I'm not sure what donkeys have to do with anything unless you're equating homosexuality to beastiality in which case I'll point out that more than 30 U.S. states allow sex with certain kinds of animals.

Also, Mexico was not the first to legalize across the entire nation. Canada legalized it years before Mexico, as did many other countries. So many, in fact, I don't know where the trend started.

ghanashyam

It is very sad, how the new generation will come to replace the old and dying, any idea? Really with increasing shortage of food grains, these nations will be a great relief.

Jatelo2

I totally agree with you. The US should be a bit more progressive in its thinking. With the exception of certain religious organizations most people don't seem to care. And of course religion does not belong in politics.
Are you now putting homosexuality under politics? Marriage and religion have long history. Why are they now being separated when it comes to homosexuality? This type of bias isn't good for a progressive society!

R. Paradon

Are you now putting homosexuality under politics? Marriage and religion have long history. Why are they now being separated when it comes to homosexuality? This type of bias isn't good for a progressive society!
From most of your posts it seems to me as if you are not for a progressive society. Of course it belongs in politics...who do you feel makes the decisions?

R. Paradon

It is very sad, how the new generation will come to replace the old and dying, any idea? Really with increasing shortage of food grains, these nations will be a great relief.
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Worldwide there is an approximately 10-20% gay population. There will still be many kids.

BigPapa

I think that it is great that Mexico has made this change and it is also sad that in this country, as progressive as we like to think we are, that we allow the few to tell us that marriage equality is wrong. 40 years ago the "moral" majority said that interracial marriage was wrong. I think that the moral majority is nothing but a group of small minded, judgmental bigots.

Lorenzo

It's great that Mexico has finally realized that homosexuals have a right to get married, too. Although I'm Catholic and I still think heterosexual marriage is ideal, I have a lot of homosexual friends and even gay relatives in both sides of the family who I dearly respect, and whatever makes them happy, I'm all for it.