Money brings comfort

benben

I hate when people tell me I am too money driven. Money brings comfort and you only have to live in poverty for a little while to know what I really mean by that. I think a man who works hard to bring home the money should be respected. Not treated like a greedy man.

Peyton

I agree with you. I think the problem comes in when people forsake time with the family so they can have materialistic items of status that they don't really need...so they can drive a BMW when a Hyundai would be sufficient. I don't see anything wrong with working hard to keep your family comfortable though. Having the bills paid, a retirement fund, and a savings account does bring peace of mind.

Anthony

To each his own I say. I and my family have lived in poverty most of our lives and we are perfectly happy. There hasn't been a time when there wasn't food on the table since the kids were born. For myself, it is more important to spend time with my family making memories than it is to make money for material things that you don't need anyway. If you have ever really been poor you learn exactly how little you need to get by.

Jdrake

I also say to each his own, if you value your families comfort that is good. As long as you aren't obsessed with money itself. I think some people are just upset because of their lifestyle having to change due to the economy so they lash out where they can.

Thompson

I personally would have a hard time working all the time for something that is worth less by the day. The time I can spend with my family is far more valuable than anything money can buy.