Monsters

Christian

Bedtime is already a nightmare at our house, but now my little girl is convinced there are scary things on her shelf, and under her bed. She has never even seen anything about monsters so i don't know where this is coming from!

badge67

We are going through the same thing here after my son's friend played some you tube video that has you stare at the screen looking at something and all of a sudden a scary picture pops up. It scared her so bad she started crying and now she won't go in the bedroom by herself. She's started sleeping on the lower bunk in my son's room. Every night I silently curse my sons friend for sharing that with her.

Salazar

Bedtime is already a nightmare at our house, but now my little girl is convinced there are scary things on her shelf, and under her bed. She has never even seen anything about monsters so i don't know where this is coming from!
We aren't going through this yet, but it is very curious that kids seem to have fears about stuff they haven't even been introduced to yet. Kind of makes you wonder about the whole nature versus nurture thing.

CHenne

You have to make some "monster-away" spray. You can spray her room and then let her spray it too. I had to do this with my kids when they were younger. It really worked too. Let her sleep with a flashlight next to her in bed to. If she wakes up in the night and is scared she can turn on the flashlight.

Fatherof2

Chenne that is a great idea. We aren't dealing with this yet, but I am sure it is coming. I am going to have to pass this on to some of my friends dealing with this too.

Pascallist

You have to make some "monster-away" spray. You can spray her room and then let her spray it too. I had to do this with my kids when they were younger. It really worked too. Let her sleep with a flashlight next to her in bed to. If she wakes up in the night and is scared she can turn on the flashlight.
I agree with this. Kids see things differently than adults. Do try to convince her that the monsters are not there. Pretend to believe that they do exist, and take any action necessary to dispel them from your house.