Most granola bars are candy

GoPats

The majority of granola bars on the market are nothing but candy bars. I cannot believe the parents out there who give this stuff to their kids and think they are giving something healthy. Just pick up a box of them at the grocery store and read the label.

Strongarm

When I was younger, I didn't realize that. I thought I was eating healthy so I was pretty naive. My favorite granola bar happens to be chocolate chip of course. Not healthy, but good tasting.

bighelp

How can you tell the difference, especially when its something that is marked as healthy breakfast bars? I ask since we (adults) eat them and I have never noticed anything too sweet about them.

GoPats

BigHelp, I was a bit harsh in my original post. It really is hard because the labels are so misleading. I look at the ingredients. If the ingredients have HFCS or Partially hydrogenated anything then we don't touch it for sure. The Quaker chewy granola bars are pretty bad and contain a lot of refined ingredients. Nature valley has more whole grains and less sugar.

Albert

My children don't like them very much, so we hardly purchase granola bars. My dad is a doctor and he is very concerned about nutrition. I think he warned us about granola bars not being as healthy as they are advertised...