My Son is Tired

jimscharger

My son does not get the 10-12 hours of sleep that is advised for his age. I put him to bed at 8:00 and he takes forever to fall asleep, but he gets up promptly at sunrise. I figure he gets about 8-9 hours of sleep a night. If he would just fall sleep quicker, he'd get plenty. What to do?

Keepworking

Try do get him do more activities in the day, and not in the evening (it that's the case). Have you tried to put him to bed earlier, at 7:00 or so?

bighelp

Not every kid needs that amount of sleep and its not like he is only getting four or five hours so do not beat yourself up too much. Have you attempted to calm down the evening hours before bedtime to help?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I know this may sound obvious but is he taking naps? I know the days my daughter takes one as she will not go to sleep for anything. So we do our best to keep her going during the day and let her calm down a few hours before bed.

polamalu43

I don't think my kids ever got that much sleep. Heck if they get 8 hours I'm good. Some days they need more sleep, but they always fall asleep earlier when they need to sleep.

Albert

To be honest, I think 10 to 12 hours is too much. None of my children ever slept that much. How old is your son? And is he showing signs of being tired, or are you just assuming that?

crowl

The only time ours nap is when they are sick and that is the only warning sign we get too. It is very weird only one parent is like this & I think its hereditary. :)