Nephew's birthday party

BigPapa

Tomorrow we have to go out to dinner for my nephew's birthday. Usually my brother has a party at his house but he has decided to go out for a family dinner. I am not sure how I feel about that because we have to buy a gift for my nephew plus pay for a dinner out for 3 people. It kind of cuts into the pocket book.

themdno

Yeah, I know what you mean, but just take it in stride, and have a good time. You have to go out to eat every once and awhile.

Make up for it by buying a really annoying gift. Drum kit, Saxophone, megaphone, anything along those lines should be a suitable revenge :)

polamalu43

That is a little odd if you ask me. They are the ones that are supposed to be paying for the party. You should not have to buy your dinner. What if you could not afford it.

Miller

We run into this all the time. Kids have too many parties these days. What's wrong with small celebrations with just ice cream and cake afterwards or just the goodies. Each kid has to outdo the other, or at least the parents do. Kids are kids. Who knows how to fix this?

BigPapa

I don't remember having anything but a family dinner at home with cake and ice cream when I was a kid. I just think that if you are going to have a party for your kid you should pay for it whether it is at your house or a restaurant.

Enrique

Did your brother say that you actually have to pay for your own dinner? If it's his kid's birthday and he's asking you and your family to come, then I'm guessing, dinner is free for all of you. Just don't forget the gift. Kids dig that.

BigPapa

No, he didn't pay for dinner but I knew that he wouldn't. He is extremely cheap. I am pretty certain he got tired of paying for a party and that's why the venue changed.

Regis

Maybe he gave the choice to the kid. My sister lets her kids choose whether to have a party with friends or have the extra money spent on them. I really have to get them alone and tell them they'll make out better if they have a lot of friends giving them gifts!