No more caffeine

lamant

We had our work checkups this week when the work nurse comes on site to give everyone a quick checkup. BP, temp, all that fun stuff, check weight and so on. Seems I need to lay off the caffeine. What?!

Does this woman have any idea how long my days are?

sid

Why? Is caffeine a prohibited drug or something? In all my tests, I have never been confronted about my coffee drinking. So, I'm curious. What is the correlation between caffeine and your checkup? Maybe I'm missing something.

Unclerob

Too funny! Caffeine is not good for you, in moderation it is ok but drinking too much of it is a bad thing. How do they test for that anyway? It's not like in our blood right?

Sampson

No way, I'm sorry, but I don't see myself giving up caffeine, ever. I know it can elevate your heartrate, but what else does it do? Does it affect your blood pressure?

benben

I know that I should give it up but there is just no way that I can give it up. I can eat healthy and work out and do all those things but I NEED my coffee.

minyoung

I'm not keen on giving up coffee. Even the homeopathic doctor did not tell me to give it up, only to slow down. This is why I find it surprising that the nurse --- the nurse! --- is telling you to "lay off caffeine." Did you talk to the doctor about what the nurse said?

MilwaukeeJoe

I think I read somewhere that caffiene can affect your bones and calcium or something. I don't think I paid too much attention to the article because I still have my 2 cups of coffee in the morning (and a soda with lunch). I think this is going to have to go under things I wish to remain ignorant about.

WVOz1970

I guess I am one of those rare people who don't benefit from a caffeine "rush". I truly drink coffee simply for the taste.

As an example... I took my wife out for a movie a couple weeks ago. Went to the Starbucks next door after the show and had a large cup of coffee. Was asleep about 30 minutes later. That's the norm. I never get decaf. It is hard for me to understand when people talk about getting a buzz from caffeine.

Mobile post from Droid land via Tapatalk