Nostalgic Toys

Paranoid

Do you ever get the kids toys that you played with when you were a kid? I decided to get a couple things for the kids for Christmas that remind me of my childhood. I know toys were simpler then but I think they are still enjoyable.

Mack

I am so old that they probably don't make the toys that I remember! I had a really nice train set. I guess those will never go out of style for Christmas.

Wyss

I love the idea myself, too many kids these days have everything and sometimes we just need to get back to the basics. I still love the idea of popcorn on the tree, a train around the bottom and even a jack in the box for a small tot. :)

Dad Brad

I find myself drawn to action figures and secretly hoping one of my girls will like Star Wars. My dad used to buy me stamps and baseball cards. It's a father thing -- no question about it.

Blended

Even better, I still keep a lot of my own toys since I wanted my children to play with them as well. I don't want to deprive them of computer games and of high tech toys but I sure want to install these in their mind as well.

SoontoBe

I can't wait to buy my kid a drum, a baseball glove, a Slinky and one of those pull-toys that I called an early Snoopy. There are dozens of toys I want to introduce my child to when he is the right age.

Bonzay

I definitely claim that toys were more of a joy when we were kids than they are now. Because I knew what meant to finally get a long waited toy - everything in the World! That is why I don't advise people to shower their kids with too much stuff.

Wyss

There are just some toys that will never go out of style and I hope to see them in future generations too. I would hate the idea of a few of the older ones going down in the history books as never staying around.

Michael

I loved putting together model cars and model airplanes. These days I'm all into flying radio-controlled aircraft. I fly war birds and even the fast 3-D nitro planes. My daughter has not followed me into my hobby yet, but there's always hope.