Not her friend anymore.

DriverDan

I don't know what to do. My 8 year old daughter has had a best friend for the last 2 years who told her the other day that she doesn't want her for a friend anymore. My daughter says she doesn't know why and is so sad. What can I do to help her?

Independent

Just be there for her and listen to her. My 8 year old and her daughter have fall outs like this but then a week later they are back to being best friends.

Sampson

That's a tough age for girls and friends. They can be so fickle and sometimes, downright mean. Maybe suggest a daddy and me afternoon. Go see a movie, get some ice cream. Maybe a afternoon out or a sleepover with another of her friends will help ease things a bit.

CHenne

Oh believe me it continues on and on and on throughout school. Girls are so catty! I keep telling my kids that the key is to have a lot of good friends and not 1 best friend.

noahsdad

Who knows with girls. She could be friends again with her next week! My wife usually has an activity night with our daughter if shes feeling sad or upset and that usually gets her back in a happy mood then we do a family night with movies and popcorn!