Not wanting the job

Paul40

One of my sons friends is in a tough situation. His mom just re-married and the new step-dad doesn't seem like he wants to step up and be a dad. The kid is ready to let him in and wants him to be a father figure but the husband is not there yet.
I can't believe that his mom married this man!

spencer

I think he should take advantage of the step-son's attitude to him. It is not easy to come across such characters. In most cases, you find that the son is not ready to even know him. Maybe he learned to be a husband and not a 'father'.

Paul40

I agree and I find it quite sad. I have invited both of them to go to the football game this Friday night. I thought maybe if the 4 of us do things together then he will see how much the kid wants him to be a dad.

Jarred

He'd better figure it out quick. If he keeps blowing the kid off the kid will eventually turn away from him. That's cool that you're trying to help out. Maybe they just need some alone time away from mom.

spencer

I hope they do notice and appreciate your willingness to acquaint them. I agree with you Jared that possibly the kid will turn away and that will be the time he will really need him.