Nothing better

Luke

My son has taken to waking up early and laying in his crib chattering to himself. When you go in there to get him he treats you to the biggest grin ever. Definitely better than an alarm clock! :)

CoolDad

My 5-month old daughter does exactly the same thing- wake up at the break of dawn and grin ear to ear. Definitely one of the many joys of fatherhood.

Albert

Well, anything is better than an alarm clock... :p But - all joking aside - I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels so proud to be a father when greeted by a beautiful little grin every morning. Like my dad used to say, life seems to make 99 percent more sense when you see your children smiling.

Kenneth

Are you guys sure that your baby isn't just smiling because they know the mess in their diaper and the joy they will have making you clean it up? :p I'm just joking! I'm sure it must be a great experience to wake up to. :)

OrionH

That is wonderful. I remember those days and how peaceful and wonderful they were. This morning we woke up to kids fighting with each other! Enjoy those days.

wilson

Our youngest right now has a habit of talking to herself, the fish, dog or cat. The only time that is quiet in our house is about 3 hours after bedtime since for a good year she also talked in her sleep. Talk about a chatterbox!