Nothing prepares you....

NewDad

...for that moment when you go from being an expecting dad, to a father. It's something I can't even put into words. I am still in complete shock and can't believe that I'm actually a dad. It's the coolest, scariest feeling I've ever experienced. Anyone expecting right now or a new dad like me?

HappyMan

Yeah-I'm looking forward to it, though I'm also nervous too. I've been told time and again that there's nothing else like it, that it's a little overwhelming in some ways. I just hope I do alright by the kid!

Jerry F

It's one of the greatest things a man can experience. There is nothing else like it. You realize you are responsible for someone besides yourself. Sure you took care of the mother but now you have a new person entirely dependent upon you and your partner. There is a bond that develops then and there that you will never sever.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm expecting my first biological. But I call her daughter my daughter. I've been there since birth, and she feels like mine. The one now does have me worried though.

Aiden

I'll never forget that feeling. There was this intense happiness and this overwhelming fear that I may not be father material. Everything falls into place and makes sense once the baby's been in the world for a few months. It's weird how everything in life has new meaning. It's been a life-changing experience.