Old dishes are forgotten now.

ghanashyam

India is predominantly a vegetarian country and we some of the wonderful vegetarian dishes but now a days the women just do not know certain things or dishes, the generation that were doing these dishes have gone and no recipe books have these in printed form.
Recently an organizations organized a function where old ladies came to show the present women how to prepare certain dishes, which are so delicious and cheap and quick to make.

joeldgreat

The same thing goes with ethnic tribes here in our country. Some of their good traditions were slowly being erased from their culture. Simply because the younger generations preferred to become educated and wanted to have the piece of the modern world. Weaving, ethnic clothing, tattooing, etc. were replaced by modern day fads. And like in your country, there are also lots of non-government organizations that are encouraging the young people to preserve their old-aged traditions and cultures.

R. Paradon

Although Thailand is not my native country I have lived here for a long time and almost anyplace with the exception of "Tourist Cities" still have the "old skills" utilized. And it is not easy! Several times I have tried using a loom and it would take me about ten years to make just a few feet of fabric. Another thing that is still done is soap carving. And the food is still Thai!