OMGosh! My Blood Pressure is WAY Up

KrazyRon

Ok guys. I went to the doctor the other day and I was very surprised to learn that my blood pressure was dangerously high. They immediately put me on blood pressure meds and made me take one while I was there and stay several hours to watch my blood pressure. In about three hours the medicine had taken effect and they let me go. My wife is panicked but I told her it wasn't unusual in my family and we have a fairly healthy lifestyle. My taking blood pressure medicine is not going to be out of the ordinary in my family. It did take me by surprise though since I am younger than what my dad was when he started taking meds.

Zebeddee

Ron, I like your attitude but your wife and family are going to need some convincing that you are okay! Are you going to think about diet and exercise as things to help with the problem? Stay well and calm!

Mark

Instead of worrying about meds and things like that, I think you should focus on the simple things as well. Don't forget to include them in your daily life because they are just as important as anything else you're doing. Exercise and eating right can fix a lot more than you think :D

Best of luck to you!

Howard

High blood pressure is a very common and very treatable condition. The main thing is to not ignore the situation. There are lots of types of meds too, so if you don't feel so hot on the current med, talk to your doc.