$ on presents

crowl

How much are you spending per kid per holiday or birthday? I am having a debate about this and one more thing to add in too. If kids need clothes does that count as a gift?

Johnson

We don't count clothes as gifts, and we don't have a set amount per child (we will as they get a little older). We do try to make sure they have the same amount of gifts though like for Christmas.

Phillie

Yes clothes count as gifts if you give them at Christmas. We always get our son sweatshirts for Christmas... I figure he needs them and it's killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I don't set a limit - I just buy until I'm ready to stop.

MikeWay

We also count cloths as a gift at Christmas. I do have a limit though, with kids in college the budget is very tight. When they were younger we also had a limit on the amount we would spend. Other wise it would get to be way too much.

KevinD

The thing with me is that I have two very young children so buying them gifts is pretty cheap. They don't have demands for electronics or anything expensive. You can get young children a lot of little things that they'll have a ball with and won't care what you paid.

Peyton

We don't set a limit. As for counting clothes as presents, I think there is an age range (like from 5 to 10 or 12) when no kid wants to open a present and see clothes. I doubt we'll be buying clothes as a gift for my daughter until she is a teenager and asking for specific things.

benben

For birthdays we spend no more than $50 a child. For Christmas we spend no more than $100 per child. We would spend more but we just don't have the money.