Online parenting classes

benben

I have started seeing more and more recourses for fathers. There are now parenting classes ran by psychologists that you can take online. They cost between $10-$100 with some scholarships. Would you take parenting classes online?

Unclerob

I do not think I need to take any parenting classes. I have been around enough kids to know how to be a good father. If I find that I'm having problems, then I will take some classes or go see my dad and brothers for advice.

sid

I'm more inclined to take fatherhood classes or workshops if there are any. My father passed away while I was still single and I feel like I couldn't get much from my elder brothers either. My recourse has been reading books about relationships, behaviors, parenting, etc. But I am hungry for more materials about fatherhood, specifically.

Cruise

If there were a short course in parenting in my location, I would surely attend it. I have been a father for quite awhile, but I still need to learn more about dealing with children.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to see what they do in the classes. A curriculum I think it is called or something like that before I make a decision.

Papa Bear

I surely missed this at the time when I badly needed it. I don't think that I need it now that my son has grown into a teen. But if there are courses for dealing with a teen...

Johnny

I would because I'm sure it can be just as helpful as if it were in person. The only difference is going to be that you can do it on your own time, and I think that's just a lot better, especially for those of us who work a lot

Independent

That is true but it is free to come and talk to other fathers here on this forum where online classes might cost money. Maybe I am a cheap skate but I would rather get fatherhood help from friends and family and on forums like this where I don't have to pay anything.

Andrew

I generally am not a big fan of online education myself, there is a reason why we have educational institutions, being in a class with an educator always beats online courses which in my opinion are equal to reading a book.

robertc

I probably wouldn't take one right now as my kids are ages 6, 8, and 12. But 12 years ago when my oldest was born I would have thought it to be a good idea. They just didn't offer them online at the time.