Opting out of the holidays.

Sampson

I don't know if I'm just tired from work, but I am not looking forward to the holidays this year. I know they are a ways off, but seeing the stuff out for Halloween makes it feel right around the corner.

Do you ever feel like you want to just opt out of the holidays? How do you psych yourself up when your not in the mood?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm typically loving this time of year. The weather gets cooler out so you can do more outside. Halloween and Christmas are just about the two best holidays out there. This year however, like yourself, I am just not feeling it.

MilwaukeeJoe

I was in that kind of mood last year. Money was tight and the thought of spending put me in a bad mood. My wife started getting me out and doing seasonal stuff that didn't cost alot of money and the kids smiles started getting me back in the spirit.

Salazar

My wife is definitely more into the holidays than I am, but watching her get psyched up about decorating and Christmas shopping usually puts me in the mood eventually. Maybe the kids and their excitement will help you get into it when the time comes.

sid

I was the type who opt out of holidays, until I got married. Let's say I was a workaholic.

I have since learned to appreciate holidays not for myself but for the family: my wife and kids. Seeing them having fun is like work well done.

Ken

I have also had a couple years where I wanted (and did) opt out of the holidays! But that was before the kids. I love this time of year now (other than the money part) and I agree the smile on the children s faces really bring joy and let me know it is worth it all!