Paternity Tests on Maury

Paranoid

I got caught up watching Maury today and it got me wondering. If somebody told me that my kids weren't actually my biological children, would I want to know the truth?

My answer is no. Biology doesn't matter. If I raise them, they are my kids.

PatrickK

I have to agree. I don't think I would want to know because it could only cause pain. I think that once you get attached to a child you are attached. You can't just walk away after that.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter is not my biological. Lover her like my own, and a few times when a doctor has asked for family history, I gave mine, not remember it does not matter for her. I did adopt her for her 3rd birthday.

I do not hide the fact that she is not my biological either. But she calls me father, daddy, and not a step-xxxxxx.

Len

I would never go on that show, first of all, and I really want to think that most of them are just doing it for 15 minutes of fame. But as far as the testing goes, I don't care. I would not want to know because it doesn't matter.

Phillie

I'm a step-dad too and I love it. My son is my son - because I'm here and I'm the dad. If someone brought me on a show like Maury to tell me that - I would probably walk off before the results.

Kost

I think when it comes to medical history we need to stay keen on that, sometimes health stuff is very tricky and its also quite confusing too. Have you ever watched an episode of House?

All seriousness though, if the child looks up to you as you are the parent then you are, its that simple in a child's eyes. Personally for me I would only want to know if there was a medical issue that I *had* to know about.

KevinD

I agree with you guys. If somehow I wasn't my daughters biological father, it would make no difference to me. They are already mine. I couldn't imagine anything changing or even letting them go for whatever reason.