Picking out their own gifts

Freezie

Do you ever let the kids pick out their own gifts? I happened to be at Target the other night and one of the kids pointed out something she really wanted. I decided to just get it and wrap it. She already knows one of her gifts but there are others so I don't feel bad about it.

Rob

I give them a gift card in their Christmas stocking in addition to the gifts we give them. We go bargain hunting after Christmas when we take back anything that needs to be returned.

Jakex3

It's happened before. I think that the gift card in the stocking is a neat idea. We do a gift card for the book store every once in a while and it has had positive results.

Phillie

Sure I have let my son pick out his own gifts from time to time. You don't know if the item will be there later when you don't have your child with you. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Freezie

I am glad that I'm not the only one. I have received some criticism for doing that. I don't think it's so bad though. I don't don't even know that the kids will remember it most of the time.