Public Bathroom trips

justin

At what age do you let your daughter go to the public bathroom by herself and stop taking her into the mens bathroom with you to go bathroom?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I am wondering what age is appropriate to take my daughter with me too. I got a weird look the other day for taking my two year old daughter in with me to the mens bathroom. But there was no way I would let her go on her own.

DaddyBob

When my daughter was a little girl, things were much different then. Most of you here would probably be her age now. I allowed her to be in the ladies room when she was 5 BUT I made sure that there were at least 2 other ladies there with her. Never there by herself. Oh and I was also just right outside the door, within earshot.

WVOz1970

I have let my 5 year old go by herself when absolutely necessary. I stand outside the door and she looks in the bathroom before she goes in. If there's someone else in there, I try to wait until they come out.

I am really glad that a lot of public places now have family restrooms. Makes it a ton easier when I am out without my wife. Plus, some of the guys rooms I go into are soooo nasty, I can't stand the thought of my daughter having to go in there.

lamant

I think two is still quite young honestly I mean some kids are not even able to not "fall in" at that age and what happens if the lines full in the ladies room? Who knows how long your little girl would be in there, alone and slowly freaking out.