Rap

Daddy-O

My daughter loves rap music, but so do her mother and I. Do you think it's appropriate even though we make sure to carefully screen out anything that uses bad language?

greatdad

I don't like Rap music, but our kids aren't forbidden to listen to it. I think it's important to screen it for bad language and the song's message, which we do. I think if kids like it and it's properly screened, they should be allowed to explore their own musical tastes and be encouraged to listen to other types of music, not just Rap.

Cruise

I don't get into rap music either, but I would have no issue letting the kids listening to rap music, as long as they avoid the ones which use bad language.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of music you buy come with a parental warning if the language is offensive. They sell CD's now that are "cleaned" of language. However, the drawback is downloading the music. That you may have to screen manually.

Sinbian

To be honest, rap without bad language is not rap because it should convey a strong message. I don't like rap but I see why people do.